We’ve just jumped forward in time, losing a precious hour of sleep in the morning but gaining a more beneficial hour of sunlight in the afternoon. Warmer temperatures are melting ice on the medley of hiking trails in Bolton Landing on Lake George, and a stunning full moon is about to appear over the Queen of American Lakes. There’s no better place to take in that beautiful view than from Up Yonda Farm!
The Full Moon Snowshoe Hike will take place at Up Yonda Farm on Friday, March 22nd. Snowshoers will climb the environmental center’s web of winding, easy trails to the top of the property. From that point, the full moon should help illuminate a fantastic view of Lake George below. Then, snowshoers can simply trudge down the hill and back to their cars. The hike to the top is easy – the Full Moon Snowshoe Hike is not a demanding adventure, and beginners are welcome.
The fun doesn’t end after the hike. Several businesses in Bolton Landing are offering food and drink specials to participants in the Full Moon Snowshoe Hike:
- Cate’s Italian Garden is offering 50% off pizzas.
- Bolton Landing Brewing Company is offering happy hour pricing – $4 per pint/glass of wine/mix drink.
- Frederick’s is offering $4 glasses of house wine and $2.75 domestic beers. Don’t forget about karaoke from 9 p.m. until 1 a.m.
- The Huddle is offering half-price appetizers and other drink specials.
- Lakeside Lodge & Grille is offering $2 domestic beers, $4.50 glasses of house wine, and $4 well drinks.
- The Sagamore is offering a free pint of beer at Caldwell’s Lobby Bar.
Snowshoers should arrive at Up Yonda by 6:30 p.m. and be prepared to hike at 7:00 p.m. The trail could be slippery, so bring either snowshoes or crampons to help with traction.
Call the Bolton Landing Chamber of Commerce at 518-644-3831 for more information.
Are you participating in the Full Moon Snowshoe Hike at Up Yonda?